Human Resource Assistant
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Human Resource Assistant
Under the direction of the HR Manager, and in compliance with federal, state, local regulations and company policy, the HR Assistant assists in coordinating, implementing and administrating HR company functions for assigned company codes to ensure consistency with all employees. This position will focus more on recruiting and staffing administration.
Description of duties and responsibilities:
- Carries out various HR programs and initiatives under direction of HR Manager and VP of HR.
- Supports employee on-boarding process; coordinates new hire paperwork with hiring managers and new employees.
- Coordinates exit survey process and employee termination process.
- Creates and updates reports related to hiring and staffing
- Runs all background checks and completes reference checks on potential hires.
- Creates and maintains personnel files; moves terminated files to storage.
- Assists hiring managers in recruiting process; posts and sources resumes on social media and company career page; schedules interviews and conducts pre-employment screening as needed.
- Maintains job descriptions
- Assists HR Manager with performance evaluation process; works directly with managers to ensure timely completion.
- Oversees employee company discount programs..
- Responds to VOEs for current and former employees.
- Under direction of HR Manager and VP of HR creates offer letters for new hires.
- Updates, terminates and maintains data entry systems and employee records.
- Coordinates Summer Internship program under the guidance of the HR Manager and VP of HR.
- Orders name tags and badges for all employees when needed.
- Updates and maintains applicant tracking system.
- Works with payroll, HR Manager and VP of HR and other departments on assigned projects such as system implementations, training programs and or other company initiatives.
- Supports HR Department with special events
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Requires prior knowledge of principles, practices of human resources. Familiarity with employment laws are necessary.
- Position requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to execute good judgment.
- Prior experience in HRIS database is required, ADP platform preferred.
- Must carry out all tasks using utmost confidentiality.
- Proficiency in MS Office and systems required.
Education and experience required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. 2 – 4 years of experience in HR or related field
Please send resumes to Katie Wolensky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanna Holdings, Inc. affiliates and assigns are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status or disability. The Company abides by all local, state and federal laws and regulations affecting the hiring of employees.