Job Title: Abstractor/Title Searcher/Examiner
Location: Onondaga County, NY
Summary: Experienced professional to assume the position of market lead, to manage the company’s search, closing and recording services operation in Onondaga and the surrounding counties.
Typical Duties and Technical Responsibilities:
- This position will be the established market lead and local client contact in the greater Syracuse area for the Company.
- Complete all types of public record research, including property and lien searches, surrogate, civil and bankruptcy court searches, and property tax and municipal searches.
- Must be able to complete “full title” searches and be able to handle multiple chains of title.
- Plotting difficult metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Prepare search results in appropriate abstract of title, property report, or title commitment format to meet local bar association and industry standards
- Proofread and validate compliance with customer information and documentation requirements, and perform client Q&A
- Review and re-format third party vendor search notes for word processing
- Obtain document copies and review civil action files in the County Clerk’s Office
- Coordinate recording/closing process. Review closing documents for accuracy and determine the funds needed to record along with running out necessary parties prior to recording and communicating to clients any issues
- Must have your own car or transportation; licensed and insured to drive
- Strong investigative, research, and problem solving skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of industry terminology, and local Bar Association standards
- Able to navigate company operating systems
- Be able to prioritize and multitask in a demanding team environment
- Working knowledge of the Onondaga County Clerk’s office and Courthouse is required
- Working knowledge of Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Oneida and Oswego County Clerk’s Offices and Courthouses is preferred
- Experience working with the Onondaga County Clerk’s online record’s database is required
Please send resumes to Kevin Whiting at KevinWhiting@howardhanna.com
Hanna Holdings, Inc. affiliates and assigns are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status or disability. The Company abides by all local, state and federal laws and regulations affecting the hiring of employees.