CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA/CONVENTIONAL UNDERWRITER
Location: Cleveland, OH
Directly responsible for prudent underwriting of all CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA loans originated by HHMS.Â Keep all parties conducting business with Hhms informed of prevailing policies and procedures for CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA compliance.Â Maintain current information regarding CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA policies and procedures and review QC findings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Complete a thorough analysis of CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA loan files to determine compliance with company and Â CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA guidelines.
- Evaluate the entire credit package and collateral for CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensure an “investment” quality loan product.
- Check accuracy of all calculations.Â Exercise ability to determine compensating factors on borderline cases and base decision of those factors.Â Analyze loan packages for any sign of fraudulent documentation and/or misrepresentation.
- Assist with training of new originator and processors on all CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA guidelines.
- Stay abreast of all changes and updates in appraisal and credit underwriting on all CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA guidelines and communicate same to all appropriate staff & managers.
- Maintain a productivity level of 5 â€“ 10 loans per day and comply with company policy of a 24 to 48-hour underwriting turnaround time and a 24-hour turnaround time for clearing conditions.
- Maintain underwriting activity logs and provide monthly underwriting reports.
- Be available to processors, originators, closers for CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA general guideline interpretations and questions on these loan files.
- Communicate decisions on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Respond to post closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as may be directed by the employee’s supervisor and/or management.
Internal Relations: Origination, processing, pre-and post closing, quality control
External Relations: Appraisers, Regulators
- FHA Director Endorsement and VA Automatic Authority
- Minimum of 3 years residential underwriting experience with solid working knowledge of CONVENTIONAL, FHA AND VA and FNMA/FHLMC/FMHA appraisal and underwriting guidelines.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability with an aptitude for figures
- Ability to effectively interact with all company personnel
- Ability to work effectively under specific time constraints
- Detail oriented.
Please send resumes to RosaRocco@howardhanna.com